The Parade College Advanced Placement Program is open to students who are academically able, highly motivated and have an excellent work ethic. Students are offered a variety of complex tasks that encourage leadership skills, higher order thinking, resilience and team work as well as acceleration in certain topics.
Students who are high achievers in their Advanced Placement subjects in Year 9 will be well-placed when applying to accelerate into available VCE Unit 1 and 2 subjects in Year 10 and VCE Units 3 and 4 in Year 11. There will also be an opportunity for Advanced Placement Maths-Science students to select the Enhanced Mathematical Methods pathway.
Parade College offers a limited number of scholarships commencing in Year 9. Applicants undertake a selection test in the previous year and successful candidates are chosen on the basis of their performance in the selection test and on other criteria.
Students in the Advanced Placement program are also offered a wide range of enrichment programs including:
- Tournament of Minds
- Future Problem Solvers
- The CREST Science Challenge
- The Australian Science Competition
- The Australian Mathematics Competition
- The Australian Mathematics Challenge
- The Dorothea McKellar Poetry Competition
- Night of Notables
- The Science Talent Search
- The Victorian Association for Gifted and Talented Children Writing Competition
- The Aurecon Engineering Challenge
The College also offers a range of extra-curricular and co-curricular programs that also provide extension in areas such as:
- Drama Production
- College Band
- A range of sporting teams
- Community Involvement
- Chess Club
Please click here to view details of the Advanced Placement courses.